With no escape from the new coronavirus disaster and Japan’s economic situation still not back to full-scale activity, student life is also in a difficult situation. Under such circumstances, Tsukuba-Plant Innovation Research Center farm distributed 5 tons of rice and 500 kg of sweet potatoes to about 1,000 students at the Hirasuna Common Building through the Division of Student Welfare on November 25 and 26, 2021. A part of rice and sweet potatoes were planted or harvested by the students during their practical training at the farm.
We, the faculty and staff of the T-PIRC farm, want to be an organization that can gently reach out to students, who are the mainstay of the university, when they are in distress, and the Director and the entire faculty and staff are working together to create such an organization.
- Practical training on Wood Processing: making a tabletop tray and a cutting board with legs
- Food assistance to students from the T-PIRC farm
- Annual ceremony to repose animal souls was carried out at the T-PIRC farm
- “Production of Mozzarella cheese” as a part of “Field Practices in Agricultural Production Systems”
- Field Practices in Bioresource Production II: Potting up and re-potting of flowers and plants, Harvesting of peanuts and sweet potatoes