Smart and Sustainable Agriculture Research Division develops researches to support food security and ecosecurity, and also conducts agricultural research by using research field for industrialization support researches.
In this division, we use the latest technologies for agriculture, such as employment of robots, IT, and electronics for agricultural production and plant factories. Furthermore, we also develop researches for conservation of biological resources and diversity, diversification of resource usage, and functional improvement of bioresources for smart and sustainable agriculture. We also aim to integrate our research with the field of ecology, environmental sciences, and business administration.
- Annual ceremony to repose animal souls was carried out at the T-PIRC farm in Nov 15th, 2022
- Elementary School Attached to the Faculty of Education, Ibaraki University visit T-PIRC
- Undergraduate students of the School of Life and Environmental Sciences English Learning Program visit T-PIRC farm
Smart and Sustainable Agriculture Research Division Project
- Production environment and agriculture
- Based on the academic framework centered on agricultural sciences such as agronomics, horticulture and thremmatology, we are conducting basic and applied research for smart and sustainable agriculture.
- Animal life science
- Based on animal husbandry, we are developing technology in order to elucidate life phenomena in animals and apply it to the industry.
- Agricultural engineering
- We are developing technologies of agricultural machinery, and informatization through the use of robots, IT and UAV, for precision agriculture.