On September 14, 2021, the autumn national meeting of the Council of University Farms was held on the Web, and the award-winning lectures of the University Farm Technology Award for the fiscal years 2021 and 2020, which was not held last year due to the new coronavirus, were given. Mr. Mizuki Matsuoka, Chief Technical Official, and Mr. Michinari Yamamoto, Chief Technical Official, and Mr. Hironori Naoi, Technical Official of Tsukuba-Plant Innovation Research Center, received the University Farm Technology Award in 2020 and 2021, respectively.
In the award lecture, Mr. Mizuki Matsuoka, Chief Technical Official, who received the award in 2020, gave a lecture on “Support activities for research and education through the development of low-cost and high-yield tomato cultivation management technology”. Mr. Michinari Yamamoto, Chief Technical Official, and Mr. Hironori Naoi, Technical Official, who received the same award in 2021, also made a presentation.
On October 6, 2021, the award certificate and a commemorative gift were presented by Professor Ezura, Director of Tsukuba-Plant Innovation Research Center, in the presence of Professor Fukuda, Director of Smart and Sustainable Agriculture Research Division.
- Practical training on Wood Processing: making a tabletop tray and a cutting board with legs
- Food assistance to students from the T-PIRC farm
- Annual ceremony to repose animal souls was carried out at the T-PIRC farm
- “Production of Mozzarella cheese” as a part of “Field Practices in Agricultural Production Systems”
- Field Practices in Bioresource Production II: Potting up and re-potting of flowers and plants, Harvesting of peanuts and sweet potatoes